The best extreme activities in Riviera Maya
Feel the thrill, scream, dare.
Extreme activities are designed to accelerate your heart rate and challenge your limits. They help control anxiety, elevate leadership, self-esteem and of course, combat stress and destroy our routines. Whether you prefer height, speed or water activities, Riviera Maya is the oasis of adventurers, filled with experiences that make you vibrate with nature.
Here is everything you need to know about the best last activities that will dust off your adventurous facet:
Extreme activities: HEIGHT
Xplor gives us an unforgettable height tour.
-You can choose between 2 routes of 7 zip lines each (12,467 ft in total).
– The highest zip line is 147 ft above the ground.
– Minimum weight of 88 pounds and a maximum of 299 pounds.
– To perform the activity comfortably, the circumference of the harness around the waist is 4.2 ft and 2.2 ft around each leg.
In Xenotes, besides lower-level zip lines, you can find the exciting assisted rappel to a cave cenote.
- The minimum age for the Xenotes tour: 6 years.
- Minimum height of 4.5 ft and a minimum weight of 88 pounds.
- Recommendations: comfortable swimsuit and water shoes.
- Do you want more adrenaline? Try it upside down! Ask your guide about other safe ways to live this activity.
Don’t know how to dress for the Xenotes tour? Easy! Try this.
Explore the jungle of the Riviera Maya by pedaling in the high sky of Xel-ha: admire cenotes, caverns and discover the animals that inhabit them.
- The maximum height of the route is 7 meters.
- The journey 1640 ft long (30 minutes).
- Recommendations: confirm your reservation when you arrive at the park and choose your schedule at that time, leave your belongings in the lockers (these are included in the activity).
- Restrictions: people with asthma, vertigo, back problems, knees, heart problems, pregnant women or women with suspected pregnancy will not be able to carry out this activity.
- Hours: 10:00 a.m. at 4:30 p.m. (every half hour.)
- Minimum age: 8 years.
- Minimum height: 4.5 ft
- Maximum height: 6.5 ft
- Maximum weight: 264 pounds
The closer to the sky, the better the view!
- Up to 656 ft high on the Caribbean Sea.
- Recommendations: if you feel insecure, it is advisable and possible to carry out the activity with other people (tandem), listen carefully to the safety instructions.
- Departures: 11:00 a.m. at 4:30 p.m. (every 30 min) depending on weather conditions.
- Duration: 25 min.
- Minimum age required: 10 years or minimum height of 4.5 ft.
- Children under 15 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- In adolescents of 16 and 17 years, the tutor must sign a Responsive Letter authorizing them to travel alone.
- All passengers must sign the Disclaimer of Liability.
- Restrictions: pregnant women, people with asthma, epilepsy, hypertension, diabetes, heart or spinal problems will not be able to participate.
The Riviera Maya is calling… you can’t miss these attractions.
Dive into our cenotes! Without a doubt, one of the activities that require more guts. In Xel-há, they call it the “Stone of Courage.”
- 5 meters above the water.
- You can climb the rock from the water or through the path that surrounds the river.
- You can jump with or without a vest, but you must put it back to continue with the course of the river.
- Recommendations: hold your bathing suit if it is not secure enough, wear water shoes or be very careful when jumping to avoid slipping. Once you jump, swim off the drop zone quickly to avoid accidents.
Extreme activities: SPEED
We can find high speeds in zip lines and high jumps, but this activity will take you on the ride of your life.
- Choose your schedule: 11:00 a.m., 11:45 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Duration: 30 minutes.
- Maximum capacity: 35 people.
- Minimum age required: 12 years with a height greater than 4.5 ft.
- All passengers under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- For adolescents of 16 and 17 years old their tutor must present and sign a responsive letter authorizing them to travel alone.
- Restrictions: people suffering from asthma, epilepsy, hypertension, diabetes, heart or spinal problems, and pregnant or suspected women will not be able to perform this activity.
- It is essential to sign a Disclaimer of responsibility for all passengers
- Do not eat at least one hour before.
- For your safety the use of the life jacket is mandatory.
- Recommendations: keep all personal belongings in the lockers that will be offered during the activity, as they may fall and wet.
“Barracuda,” indomitable rapids
The next opening of the most extreme park of the Riviera Maya is designed primarily for lovers of strong emotions: Xavage. A series of activities that guarantee great adventures.
In “Barracuda,” you can test yourself against the forces of unstoppable rapids. Use teamwork and your determination to tame the powerful current.
- Recommendations: wear a swimsuit, water shoes and insect repellent (chemical free); Bring a change of extra clothes and towel.
Extreme activities: WATER
If you find the adventure at the bottom of the ocean, this activity is for you! Walk at the bottom of the ocean at Xel-Há, wearing helmets with which you can breathe naturally.
- You can join the activity every half hour.
- Recommendations: select your schedule when you arrive at the park.
- Duration: 40 minutes.
- Minimum age required: 8 years.
- Maximum depth: 22.9 ft.
- Maximum capacity: 25 people.
- Restrictions: this activity should not involve pregnant women or people with ear problems, asthma, epilepsy, claustrophobia, hypertension, diabetes, heart or spinal problems; or with recent surgeries, fractures or some serious injury.
Remember that besides being extreme, they are safe activities which are assisted by experts at all times. Also, as every outdoor activity, the weather plays a significant part in their realization. It is possible to reschedule for free due to climate issues if done in advanced. Get the planning going, relax, enjoy and renew. Keep in mind our recommendations and design your vacation to suit your taste for adventure and nature.
Dare to try something new!
Which extreme activity would you try first?
Born in paradise. Passionate for storytelling, dancing, theatre and my mom’s rice pudding.